Summer means two things around here – ice cream and lots of free time. Making ice cream in a plastic bag is a great activity for the kids and ensures they are eating wholesome, organic ingredients with no preservatives, no high fructose corn syrup or words I can’t pronounce. This recipe involves 3 organic ingredients and couldn’t be simpler. It’s also a great arm workout.
1) Organic Milk
2) Organic Raw Cane Sugar
3) Organic Vanilla Flavoring
- Add ingredients to a pint size zipper freezer bag and zip shut.
- Place that bag in a larger (quart or larger) zipper bag and add ice to outside bag until bag is half way full.
- Add about 6 Tablespoons salt (rock or regular) to the outer bag.
- Zip outer bag shut and shake, turn, toss, and mix the bag.
- In about 5-10 minutes you will have cold hands and yummy ice cream.